Ninite

0 Comments »
Pick, download, and install together your freeware software essentials! Visit http://ninite.com/


"The easiest way to get apps:
  1. Pick the apps you want.
  2. Start your customized installer.
  3. You're done!
Ninite runs on Windows XP/Vista/7 and works in the background 100% hands-free.  It installs apps with default settings and say "no" to browser toolbars and other junk.  All it does is install the latest versions of the apps you choose. Not even Ninite is installed. Want to see how it works? Read a step-by-step walkthrough at How-To Geek or Simple Help.  NOTE: When it was in private beta, Ninite was called Volery."

Me, I included the following software essentials in my Ninite downloader:

  • Microsoft .NET 
  • Google Chrome (I'm not installing Safari or Firefox anymore only because my laptop is slow!)
  • Java and Flash for all web browsers including Flash for Internet Explorer 
  • Skype 
  • Yahoo! Messenger 
  • WinRAR
  • VLC 
  • uTorrent 
  • FileZilla 
  • iTunes 
  • Foxit Reader (alternative to the bloated Adobe Acrobat Reader, though I really wanted PDF-XChange Viewer instead)
  • CutePDF (I really wanted PDF995 with PS2PDF995 and PDFedit995)
  • Google Earth 
  • AVG Antivirus
Not included in the above is Windows Media Player 11 or the latest Internet Explorer, so I guess you can just download them from Microsoft.  By the way, I use VLC to watch videos, Windows Media Player 11 to play audio, and iTunes to organize my music collection, download podcasts, and listen to internet radio.
7:57 AM

0 Responses to "Ninite"

Post a Comment